Brush up on brushing up
The BIG question: How do you keep them clean? I get asked this all the time!
Wearing your aligners 22-23 hours a day for a week is going to result in you feeling like you have Shrek breath! Don’t panic! I have a few tips for you:
- Give your aligners a brush morning and night, like you would your teeth.
- Rinse the aligners under a cold tap occasionally
- I use a soft toothbrush with a touch of mouthwash to freshen them as and when needed
- Retainer cleaner is a life saver!! I use it twice a week for 10 minutes to keep them smelling fresh.
- Make sure you keep your teeth cleaning routine the same, floss as normal; you need the freshest mouth you can possibly maintain!
- Hygienist appointments will help you feel refreshed so I recommend keeping these regular during your treatment.
Call us on 01935 434440 for more advice